Top 10 Effective Remedies for Asthma- Asthma Treatment at Home
Asthma is the very common and increasing nowadays because of external factors. As you all know that Asthma is a chronic disease and its required prescription medicine.But the cost of prescription medicine is increasing very much-leading many people to search for Asthma treatment at home.
Although Asthma medication provide relief from symptoms but most of the Asthma medicines have side effects or affect the endocrine systems, the immune system also.Some of the side effects are reported like- mood change, acne, yeast growth and many more.
Asthma treatment at home along with medication provides strong immunity, vitamin and always protect from the asthma attack. There are ranges of foods varieties which improve gut health, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E etc which has good impacts on the Asthma Patients.
What is Asthma
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airway or lungs which cause airway path of lungs to swell and narrow.Due to swelling the bronchi or air tube produce more mucus making it hard to breathe and it finally leads to coughing, wheezing, and short breath.
Asthma Treatment At Home
1.Good Foods For Treating Asthma – Good foods or healthy diet provide required Vitamin, minerals or antioxidant which increase the immunity of body to combat environmental toxin, control inflammatory response. The right selection of foods is one of the best steps towards Asthma treatment at home.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E Foods – Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which gives strength to the body to combat environmental toxins and also detoxify the body. According to research consumption of more Vitamin C reduce the symptoms of inflammation and wheezing.The food items having the high amount of Vitamin C are – Citrus fruits, Leafy green, and barries. Vit E is also a powerful antioxidant.It is generally found in nuts and healthy plant oats etc..
- Food Contain Magnesium – According to study the low level of magnesium increased the risk of Asthma.Increased level of Magnesium reduces the severity of asthma symptoms like – muscles spasming, Magnesium may increase the bronchodilator effect .Magnesium sources are – greens, beans, cocoa, nuts etc..
- Carotenoid Foods – The foods having colour orange and red have carotene. Carotenoids are the basis of Vit A, which is very helpful in the maintenance of healthy mucous membrane. Food which contains Vitamin A or carotenoids are – Carrot, Leafy greens, Sweet potatoes, berries, root veggies etc.
- Garlic, Onions and Mustard seeds are considered as natural antimicrobial which fights against bacterial infection and improves health condition.It also contains quercetin called antioxidant, which inhibits inflammation.
- Foods with Vit B5– Vit B5 is required more in asthmatic patients, It also involved in adrenal function.
2.Foods that are not good for Asthma-There are many foods which increase the symptoms of Asthma that is why it should be avoided. These are following foods-
- Trans Fats – Trans Fat or refined oil increase the chance of free radical in your body.
- High sugar content or added sugar in processed food increases the growth of yeast.It is a trigger of Asthma.
- Infant baby who is bottle feed with powder is more at risk of Asthma than those who feed by the mother.
- Avoid any kind of preservative food as it works as the trigger of Asthma.
3.Supplement For Asthma ( Mainly Vit D) –
- Vitamin D -One of the most important supplement for Asthma treatment at home is Vit D. Vit D supports immune health and also stop lungs remodeling. Vit D has natural anti-inflammatory properties.There are people who have less Vit D just because of poor diet and less exposure to sunlight.
- Vitamin C – It increases the immunity, reduces the free radical and inflammation.
- Vitamin B -It generally found that asthmatic patients having less Vit B12.Vit B reduce wheezing and helpful to increase cognitive functions and immunity of the body.
- Zinc – Zinc supports adrenal function and leads to stress-free life.
4.Eucalyptus Oil –Eucalyptus oil has decongestant properties because it has the chemical called eucalyptol which is helpful to break mucus.
- Put 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil in water and breathe the steam, deep breathing gives the faster result.
- You can also put few drops on the towel and take it with you while sleeping.Its aroma will go inside through your breathe and will provide relief.
5.Avoid Dairy products – As it increases mucus which creates the problem in normal breathing.
6.Straight Sitting – Sitting in the good posture like straight sitting help to open airway as much as possible and allow you to breathe efficiently.
7.Avoid Pollutant or Irritant –As irritant increase the risk of asthma so try to use avoid it.
- Make your home irritant or dust free.
- Avoid second hand or passive smoking.
- Avoid antibacterial or disinfectants.
- Use pure drinking water from the filter, avoid chlorine water.
- Cockroaches free home as cockroaches is asthma triggers.
8.Manage Stress – High degree of emotional stress, work stress or any other stress increase the severity of asthma attacks because stress decreases immune function and increase inflammation that is why stress management is required for asthma patients. For stress management, you can use natural way like – deep breathing, massage, therapies etc..
9.Obesity – There is also correlation of obesity with asthma and other problem related to it like – Sleep apnea
10. Excercise and Yoga – In exercise do not run because it can cause the problem, do indoor exercise or yoga which you can do comfortably.This habits make you healthier, stress-free or will be helpful to reduce your obesity.
What Cause Asthma
According to many studies, the primary or root cause of Asthma is toxin and irritant. It is either indoor or outdoor. Apart from these, there are many factors which are responsible for Asthma.There are some factors are as- Pollution, Medical disorder which has negative effects on lungs, genetic susceptibility, auto-immune diseases, heavy stress, poor diet, secondary or passive smoking.
Precaution at home for Asthma Patients
During Asthma attack if medicine does not work then immediately call the ambulance .The asthma attack is rarely fatal but being cautious is always best.
Sign and Symptoms of Asthma attack- Blue lips, yellow face, sweating, fast heart rate. If Asthma occurs frequently speak to your healthcare provider about your condition for better medical treatment.