Honey is a natural sweetener which is produced by bees after using the nectars of flowers. It has many advantages as it contains Vitamin, enzyme, antibacterial and antifungal properties, etc. Honey is being used as medicine since long and in present time medical science also agrees with the advantages of honey and hence everybody should know about the honey advantages and disadvantages for the proper use.
It (honey) has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties which give relieves from allergies, boost memory, helpful in cough, good for skin and hair, It is also useful in wound healing.
HONEY ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
Honey is very useful in many cases but there are certain restrictions also that you will come to know this article.
Now, first of all, know about the Advantages of Honey.
1. Helpful in a cough and throat irritation –According to the study, it has been found that the use of honey gives relief from a cough and allow proper sleep. Taking honey can reduce irritation of the throat and provide relief to the individual from a cough.
2. Improve your immune system – Honey contains anti-oxidant and antibacterial, antifungal properties and hence its fight against the infections of bacteria and fungi. According to the study, it has been found that buckwheat honey contains a corpus amount of antioxidant when anybody consumes daily can be beneficial for boosting immunity. It is always advisable to eat honey before breakfast to get energy.
3. Provide nourishment to your skin and face – Natural Honey has moisturizing and nourishing properties. Because of moisturizing properties, people apply it to their face. It is also helpful to cure crack lips during the winter season. Honey can be used for skin toning. Because of antiseptic properties, it is also useful for the treatment of cuts, burns, wound, and other infections.
4. Useful to heal the wound – Honey has antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties and hence very useful for the healing wound. If you apply the honey at the sites of the wound, it helps and provides protection from infections.
5. Acts as a Natural Sleeper – People from ancient were using the natural honey and warm milk mixture to sleep better. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons natural honey in a glass of warm milk and mix and drink. It will provide good and sound sleep.
6. Relief provider from Sinus – Pollution is increasing day by day and many people suffer from sinus. Sinus is a small cavity that produces mucus to guard the respiratory tract from allergies and infections. But when people get infected sinus cavity to get a block and people feel the problem. Honey on another hand has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which provide relief from the infection and reduce the inflammation.
7. Provide relief from Gum Diseases – Honey contains antibacterial properties, helping to treat the wound. Gum and teeth diseases like – Gingivitis and gum bleeding and plaque can be treated with regular use of honey. Honey release hydrogen-peroxide which acts as the anti-microbial agent that prevents bacterial growth. Many research suggests doing mouthwash with adding 2 spoon honey in a glass of water. You can also directly rub the honey on the infected area with gum for instant relief from pain and inflammation.
8. Honey Can Be Used In Weight Management – Honey is also useful if you are looking for weight loss. Take a spoon of honey in a glass of warm water, mix it, and drink in the early morning. It increases the metabolism and thus helps to reduce or burn your fat. Honey is also helpful to increase your overall health.
9. Useful in Cold & Cough – From ancient honey is being used in cold and cough. In cough, mix ginger juice with one tablespoon of honey and take it. It provides relief from irritation, provides soothing effects and thus reduces the symptoms of cough.
10. Prevent Heart Diseases – Pure and raw honey contain rich amount of phenolic compound which acts as an antioxidant. Because of this compound, it has promising effects in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. (1)
11. Honey is a natural energy provider – Honey is an excellent source of energy. As honey contains unprocessed sugar which directly enters the bloodstream and provides quick energy.
I hope here you will get complete information about honey advantages.
Disadvantages of Honey
- Abdominal Discomfort – Overconsumption of honey cause discomfort in the abdomen. Honey contains a rich amount of fructose, which affects the nutrients absorptions capacity of your intestine. Overconsumption of honey for long-term cause gastrointestinal problem like – Gas, Bloating, cramp, etc…
- Nerve Problem – Raw honey contains the chemical called grayanotoxins which are positioned to the nervous system.
- Increase the risk of bleeding – Honey is not advisable to the people having the risk of internal or external bleeding. It means people having bleeding disorder should avoid honey intake.
- Reduce Blood Pressure – Honey contains specific carbohydrates and antioxidants which reduce the blood pressure. Some times it reduces the blood pressure to a higher extent. So take the limited quantity of honey for optimum blood pressure.
- Increase Your Weight – Taking honey with warm water or lemon increase your metabolism and reduces body weight. But taking honey alone can increase your body weight. Because it contains natural sweetener which absorbed into the blood and increases the weight.
In this article honey advantages and disadvantages are clearly mentioned for the benefits of everyone. The main purpose of mentioning the honey advantages and disadvantages is for the understanding where you should use it and where you should not use it. It has many good roles but there is also certain drawback also.
After reading this article you will have complete information about Honey. If you wanted to add anything. Please give your feedback.
You can also read –