Honey is a natural sweetener which is produced by bees after using the nectors of flowers. Honey has many advantages as it contains Vitamin, enzyme, antibacterial and antifungal properties etc. Honey is being used as medicine since long and in present time medical science also agrees with the advantages of honey and hence everybody should know about the honey advantages and disadvantages for the proper use.
Honey has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties which give relieves from allergies, boost memory, helpful in a cough, good for skin and hair, It is also useful in wound healing.
HONEY ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
Honey is very useful in many cases but there are certain restrictions also that you will come to know this article.
Now, first of all, know about the Advantages of Honey.
1.Helpful in a cough and throat irritation –According to study, it has been found that use of honey gives relief from a cough and allow proper sleep. Taking honey can reduce irritation of the throat and provide relief to the individual from a cough.
2. Improve your immune system – Honey contains anti-oxidant and antibacterial, antifungal properties and hence its fight against the infections of bacteria and fungi. According to study, it has been found that buckwheat honey contains corpus amount of antioxidant when anybody consumes daily can be beneficial for boosting immunity. It is always advisable to eat honey before breakfast to get energy.
3. Provide nourishment to your skin and face – Natural Honey has moisturizing and nourishing properties. Because of moisturizing properties, people apply it to their face. It is also helpful to cure crack lips during the winter season. Honey can be used for skin toning. Because of antiseptic properties, it is also useful for the treatment of cuts, burns, wound and other infections.
4. Useful to heal the wound – Honey has antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties and hence very useful for the healing wound. If you apply the honey at the sites of the wound, it helps and provides protection from infections.
5. Acts as a Natural Sleeper – People from ancient were using the natural honey and warm milk mixture to sleep better. Add 1 or 2 teaspoon natural honey in a glass of warm milk and mix and drink. It will provide good and sound sleep.
6. Relief provider from Sinus – Pollution is increasing day by day and many people suffer from sinus. Sinus is a small cavity that produces mucus to guard respiratory tract from allergies and infections. But when people get infected sinus cavity to get a block and people feel the problem. Honey on another hand has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which provide relief from the infection and reduce the inflammation.
7. Provide relief from Gum Diseases – Honey contains antibacterial properties, helping to treat the wound. Gum and teeth diseases like – Gingivitis and gum bleeding and plaque can be treated with regular use of honey. Honey release hydrogen-peroxide which acts as the anti-microbial agent that prevents bacterial growth. Many research suggests doing mouthwash with adding 2 spoon honey in a glass of water. You can also directly rub the honey on the infected area with gum for the instant relief from pain and inflammation.
8. Honey is a natural energy provider – Honey is an excellent source of energy. As honey contain unprocessed sugar which directly enters the bloodstream and provides quick energy.
I hope here you will get complete information about honey advantages.
Disadvantages of Honey
- Abdominal Discomfort – Overconsumption of honey cause discomfort in the abdomen. Honey contains a rich amount of fructose, which affects the nutrients absorptions capacity of your intestine. Overconsumption of honey for long-term cause gastrointestinal problem like – Gas, Bloating, cramp etc…
- Nerve Problem – Raw honey contains the chemical called grayanotoxins which are positioned to the nervous system.
- Increase the risk of bleeding – Honey is not advisable to the people having the risk of internal or external bleeding. It means people having bleeding disorder should avoid the honey intake.
In this article honey advantages and disadvantages are clearly mentioned for the benefits of everyone. The main purpose of mentioning the honey advantages and disadvantages is for the understanding where you should use it and where you should not use it. It has many good roles but there is also certain drawback also.
After reading this article you will have complete information about Honey. If you wanted to add anything. Please give your feedback.