Diabetes is a very common problem nowadays which affect badly to your body. It can cause many other problems like – Heart problem, skin problem, stroke and many more. Diabetes can be managed or control with natural remedies for diabetes.
Diabetes is the condition when either your body does not produce enough insulin or body become resistant to insulin which leads to an unhealthy condition.
There are mainly 2 types of diabetes are found in society- 1. Type 1 Diabetes and 2. Diabetes Type 2.
Type 1 Diabetes – It is an auto-immune disorder. It is the condition when B-cells of the insulin does not produce insulin and glucose does not convert int energy and the spike in glucose level occurs.
When Glucose does not convert into energy body feel tiredness, body functions get disturbed and create an unhealthy condition.
Type 2 Diabetes – Type 2 Diabetes is the condition when cells become resistant to insulin and do not convert glucose. Thus the spike in glucose level occurs.
The common symptoms of diabetes are – weight loss, fatigues, blurred vision, excessive urination, cut do not heal fast.
There are natural remedies for diabetes which are very responsive and effective to control diabetes.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR DIABETES
Let us know about the natural remedies for diabetes to control diabetes
1. Bitter Gourd or Bitter Melon ( Karela)
It is helpful to control diabetes as it increases glucose metabolism. It is also helpful to increase insulin secretion and prevent insulin resistance. Bitter Gourd is useful in both type 1 and types 2 diabetes.
Take 1-2 Bitter Gourd, remove the seeds and grind the bitter gourd and extract the juice from them. Drink the juice every morning empty stomach for the minimum of 8 to 12 weeks.
2. Control Your Diabetes With Fenugreek (Methi)
You can fight diabetes with natural remedies for diabetes (Fenugreek). Fenugreek or Methi improve glucose metabolism and also prevent the cells to become resistant against insulin.
It can be used in both type 1 and type 2 Diabetes.
Fenugreek is rich in fiber which improves your digestion and absorption of glucose.
Soak fenugreek at night in a glass of water and in the morning drink it empty stomach. You can also eat the soak seeds fenugreek.
3. Mango Leaves
Tender mango leaves are used to control diabetes in the early stage. Tender mango leaves contain tannins called anthocyanidin, Vitamin C, Vitamin A. Tannins is a powerful antioxidant which is helpful to treat diabetes.
Mango leaves also contain 3 Beta tanaxerol and ethyl extract which is with insulin to activate GLUT4 and stimulate glycogen synthesis.
Soak 5-10 leaves in water for overnight and drink in the morning or make the powder and take the tea of this powder.
4.Control Your Diabetes With Cinnamon (Dalchini)
Cinnamon or dalchini is very effective and helpful to control diabetes and reduce blood glucose level. It promotes the activity of insulin. Cinnamon contains bioactive, cinnamaldehyde, cinnamic acids which help you to control diabetes. But excessive use of cinnamon can cause other health issues like – sweating, increased heartbeat or liver damage.
To control diabetes take cinnamon tea once in a day.
5. Aawla (Amla) or Indian Gooseberry
Gooseberry or Amla contains rich amount of Vitamin C which acts against diabetes. Amla improves the functioning of the pancreas and thus insulin production. Finally, it decreases glucose level.
Take 2-3 Gooseberry or Amla, remove the seed and grind it. extract the juice from it. Mix 2-3 tablespoons amla juice in a cup of water and stir it and drink daily on empty stomach.
6. BlackBerry (Jamun) or Black Plum
Black Plum contains anthocyanins, ellagic acid, and tannins which are the type of antioxidant. Because of this component, it is widely used to control diabetes. Each part of Jamun like- seeds, berry, leaves can be used to control diabetes.
You can make the powder of BlackBerry and take twice in a day.
It contains Vitamin C and high fiber which improve glucose absorption and reduce the glucose level. It is not recommended to eat the skin of Guava. The excessive amount of guava is not good for health as it contains potassium which can be toxic for the body.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is very helpful to control or to lower blood sugar level. It contains phytosterol which has anti-hypoglycemic properties and hence it effective for type 2 diabetes.
Aloe Vera juice is also used to decrease blood fat and swelling which is the common problem of diabetes.
It is an Indian spice which has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties. It improves your immunity and protects your body from infection which is more common in diabetes. Due to the active ingredients, it is helpful to reduce your glucose level and HbA1C and also improve lipid profile.
10. Ginseng (Ashwagandha)
It has been found that Ginseng is very effective to reduce insulin resistance. Ginseng is also helpful to reduce the HbA1C level. Ginseng is used as a potent traditional medicine in China. Indian Ginseng is also known as Ashwagandha.
All the above mentioned natural remedies for diabetes are very effective to control diabetes.
Apart from natural remedies, people should also maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet too.
Let us know, what is the food you should avoid if you are diabetic.
FOODS TO AVOID WITH DIABETES
Every diabetic person or healthy people should avoid carbohydrates intake. Because carbohydrates increase glucose or sugar into your bloodstream which is the reason for the spike of Glucose level.
- Avoid the cold drink, soda, the soft drink as it contains a high amount of carbohydrates.
- Sugar-sweetened beverages contain a high amount of fructose which makes your body resistant to insulin.
- According to study sugar-sweetened beverage increase diabetes and diabetics related conditions.
- Sweet-soft-beverages not at all good for health as it increases the glucose level, obesity and other diabetic symptoms.
2. Avoid Trans Fat
- Trans fat is unsaturated fatty acids which increase blood glucose level and cause other problems like – heart diseases and make your body resistant to insulin.
3. Grain which is not good for diabetic
- White Bread, Rice, and Pasta.
- Cookies and Bakeries.
- Cakes and Muffins.
- Processed and packed foods.
4. Avoid This Protein
- Red meat, beef, and lamb.
- Processed meat.
5. Avoid whole milk, cheese, and flavored yogurt.
6. Avoid Fats and Sugar Foods
- Chips, Cookies, and Pastries.
- Butter and Cakes.
- Processed and Packed Foods.
- Pizza, Burger and French Fries.
- Soda and Chocolate Drink
- Beer and more…
7. Fruit Juice or Fruit Drink, Dried Fruits, Jem and Jelly and preservatives foods should be avoided.
Diabetic people should avoid all of the above foods along with natural remedies for diabetes is really helpful to control your diabetes.
TIPS FOR DIABETES PEOPLE
There is a thumb rule for diabetic people. It should be followed by all the diabetic people along with natural remedies for diabetes.
- Eat several small meals in a day instead of three major meals. This helps avoid the major influx of glucose that, in turn, results in blood sugar surge.
- Not skip a meal. Starving makes blood sugar drop like a rock, when you do not eat, you flood your system with glucose, forcing your pancreas to release more insulin and thus creating a dangerous cycle.
- Watch your portion sizes. For example, nuts are healthy but eating too many can actually make one put on weight.
The type and amount of food, as well as the form in which is eaten, are all important. All carbs in food convert into glucose, however, different food has different carbs which trigger blood sugar high differently. And hence go for –
- Whole-grain flours and cereals like whole grain flour, brown rice, whole-wheat bread.
- Pulse with husk-like Gram, Golden Gram.
- Veggies such as spinach, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, Cauliflower, Carrots, Cucumber, lettuce, and fish.
- Avoid Starchy Vegetables (Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, and Colocasia ), Jams, Jellies, refined grains.
- Every day morning takes the reading of your sugar level and also 2 hours after the first meal.
- Do not miss breakfast.
- Do regular exercise.
- Take small foods more times.
- Limit Carbohydrates and Fat intake.
- Avoid Sweet and deserts.
- Avoid Fruit Juice.
- Eat Salad.
- Meet your hunger with foods contain low fat and low dairy products.
- Minimize sodium and salt intake.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
I hope all the information related to diabetes, natural remedies for diabetes, limitation of foods and tips for diabetes will really help you to control the glucose level.
Related Article – Diabetes Symptoms, Causes, and Diagnosis