Are you suffering from Headaches ?? Do not worry you are not the only one who has this problem. Many people face this problem one or some point in time. A headache is a very common problem which is the outcome of stress, unmanaged lifestyle and alters diet. But no need to worry because there are Natural Remedies For Headaches.
A headache is an indicator which gives you the idea that your body required more water intake, nutrition, adequate sleep or regular exercise.
Headaches can be alleviated or trigger with stress full life, alcohol intake, low blood sugar, nutritional deficiency and alters lifestyle.
It can cure with over the counter medicines but it has many side effects but available natural remedies for headaches do not have any side effects and are very effective.
TYPES OF HEADACHES
There are many kinds of headaches but there are a few types are very common and found in both adult and teen.
- Tension – Tension is a kind of a headache which is more common. It comes and goes over a period of time. Tension is the mild or a moderate headache. It mainly occurs because of stress. Tension can control by controlling or reducing stress.
- Cluster – Cluster is a headache having severe symptoms. In a cluster headache, people feel burning sensation and pain behind the eyes. It lasts from a week to a month.
- Sinus – Sinus is the condition when the air cavity of nasal tubes get blocked because of mucus. It causes facial pain, cheek pain, nose pain, congestion, and nasal discharge. If it persists for a longer period of time can cause brain fever and meningitis.
- A migraine – A migraine headache is a condition when people feel intense pain in a particular area of the head. Risk factors for migraine are as – stress alters lifestyle and diet style. Symptoms of migraine are – intense pain, nausea, loss of appetite, fatigues, and tiredness.
- Headaches and Migraine Mixed – It is a condition when people feel symptoms of both a headache and migraine. This kind of headache is the transformed headache.
RISK FACTORS OF A HEADACHE
A headache is a very common problem and it can raise with many factors like –
- Fever, and Cold.
- Genetic Predispositions
- Hormonal Disbalance.
- Allergy from foods and smell
- Nutritional deficiency.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR HEADACHES
There are many over the counter medications are available but all carry some of the side effects but do not worry there are natural remedies for headaches which do not have any side effects.
1. Eat Magnesium Rich Diet
Take the magnesium-rich diet which is helpful to reduce a headache. It is found that people having headaches or migraine problem, often a low level of magnesium.
Regular intake of magnesium reduces the headaches or migraine by 41.6%.
Magnesium may prevent the brain signaling called, cortical spreading depression, which produce visual or sensory changes. Magnesium also improved platelet function which decreases release or block of the pain-transmitting chemical in the brain called substance P and glutamate.
To increase magnesium increase intake of magnesium-rich foods in your diet – whole wheat, nuts, almonds, bean, broccoli, spinach, and leafy vegetables.
200mg to 600mg magnesium intake is recommended to reduce a headache or a migraine. Overdose may cause diarrhea.400mg is safe for pregnant women.
2. Lavender Oil to Treat Headaches
Lavender oil is very helpful for releasing the headache. It has potential pain-relieving and mind-calming properties.
According to study inhalation of lavender oil, aroma provides major relief from a headache or a migraine than placebo.
Mix 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil with 1 or 2 drops of lavender oil. Apply this mixture oil to head or on neck and fo gentle massage. You can also take 2 to 3 drops of lavender oil on the handkerchief and do smell the aroma. It also provides relief from a headache.
3. Apply Peppermint (Kind Of Pudina)
Peppermint provides cooling effects on the skin as it contains menthol and mentioned. It also contains mint rich phytochemicals which are the main source of its healing properties. It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which are very useful to treat headaches or a migraine.
According to the International Journal of clinical practice, topical use of peppermint provides relief from pain, nausea, and vomiting.
4. Take Vitamin B- Complex
Vitamin B- Complex is the water-soluble vitamin. It includes – Riboflavin, Thiamine, Niacin, Vit B-6, Folate, Biotin, Vitamin B12, and pantothenic acid. All the vitamin improve brain circulations and immune functions.
B Complex Vitamin is helpful for the formation of the neurotransmitter called serotonin.
It is found that people having headaches problem having the deficiency of Vitamin B-Complex.
5. Ashwagandha or Indian Ginseng
Ashwagandha can calm your mind, provide relaxation and improve concentration and thus reduce headaches. It rejuvenates and revitalizes your body and mind. Ashwagandha reduces the stress and anxiety which is a symptom of headaches.
6. Treat Headaches with Ginger
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce the inflammation of the blood vessel of the head and thus reduce a headache. It is also helpful to improve digestion and provide relief from nausea during a Headache or a migraine.
You can take once or twice ginger tea or you can take drink lemon juice and ginger juice.
7. Stay Hydrated
It is found that there are people having a headache problem are generally dehydrated. Take adequate water for a headache-free life. It is simple, free but very effective natural remedies for headaches.
You can be hydrated by adding fruits and vegetables having more water content like -cucumber, spinach, radish, grapes, orange, etc…
8. Do Regular Exercise and Yoga
Yoga includes meditation, deep breathing and sitting with right posture improve well being. Regular yoga reduce your anxiety, stress and provide relaxation to your mind and body.
9. Avoid The Foods Which Trigger Headache
There are foods which trigger the symptoms of a headache. So it is advisable to avoid these foods.
- Foods which contain preservative Nitrates and Nitrites.
- Avoid Hot Dog, Sausages, and Processed Meat.
- Processed and Packed Foods.
- Potatoes Chips.
- Pizza and Burger.
- Smoked and Dried Fish.
- Cold Foods and Ice Cream.
- Limit alcohol intake
10. Take Adequate Sleep
Sleep deprivation is one of the reasons for Headaches. It has been seen that people having sleep disorder has headache problem also.6-8 hours of sound sleep improve your overall health and also provide relaxation to your body and mind.
However, getting more sleep also triggers headaches. It means neither take more nor less sleep.
If you wanted to live your life without headaches and pain try all the above mentioned natural remedies for Headaches.
Apart from natural remedies for headaches, change your lifestyle to get relief from headaches.
- Do regular exercise and Yoga.
- Take adequate water intake.
- take adequate sleep.
- Avoid Junk Foods.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Reduce your stress.
I know that headache alter the quality of life and affects your daily routine. So if you want to get rid of Headache, use the above mentioned natural remedies for headaches.