Sinus is the air cavities on either side of nasal tube or nose.This cavity means sinus are responsible to produce mucus for nasal passages.Sinusitis is the condition when sinus gets inflamed because of cold. viral infections, bacterial infections, fungi, allergies, pollutants and chemical irritant.Sinusitis is characterized by congestion, blocked nose, facial pain, nasal discharge.If it persists for the longer period of time, it causes brain fever and meningitis.Good news is that there are effective natural remedies for sinus.Natural remedies for sinus are very effective as it gives the relief to many people.So before using antibiotics try natural remedies for sinus for better relief.
Most of the people have experienced sinus problem at one or some point of time and they got relief because of home remedies.
There are three different kind of Sinusitis- Acute Sinusitis-It last up to 4 weeks, Subacute Sinusitis- It last up to 4-12 weeks, Chronic Sinusitis- It persists for the longer period of time.It lasts up to more than 12 weeks.Acute Sinusitis is very common.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL REMEDIES FOR SINUS
1.Stay Hydrated –Drink adequate water, hot tea.It will make you hydrated and this fluid will help to thin out mucus and help to drain the mucus from irritated sinus and it will give you relief.
Do not drink alcohol, caffeine, smoking and avoid chewing gum as it dehydrates your body and makes your mucus thick, which will create more problem.
2.Use of Herbs and Spices – There are some of the important herb and spices can be used as natural remedies for sinus like –
- Turmeric – Turmeric root or powder is very helpful in the sinus, as it has anti-inflammatory properties.Turmeric not only reduces inflammation but also increase the immunity of your body.
- Ginger – Ginger root or powder is a best natural remedies for sinus as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-mucus properties.You can take lemon and ginger mixture tea for better relief from sinus.
- Garlic – It is one of the best natural antibiotics.It can be used as one of the best natural remedies for sinus.Garlic contains allicin, which has anti-bacterial,anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.You can take 2 cloves of garlic and soak in water or in soup.You can eat garlic in many ways to get relief from sinus.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is the best natural remedies for sinus.It is being used in the respiratory problem from many years ago.It has the very good role in breaking the mucus.You can take with lemon.
3.Steam Inhalation – Steam Inhalation play the good role in sinusitis.You can take the normal steam or can add 203 drops of eucalyptus oil into the water and then take steam.
4.Vegetables Soup or Chicken Soup – It has been found that soup is very useful in congestion.
You can add healthy food items like – Garlic, turmeric in your soup to get fast relief.
5.Nasal Irrigation – Nasal Irrigation is very effective in sinusitis, as it washes out the bacteria from the nasal tube.
You can do it with normal lukewarm water or can add 1/2 teaspoon of salt in lukewarm water.
Pour 5-8 drops of solution into one nostril and tilt your head while pouring, so that it will enter from one nostril and flow out from other nostrils.
In this way, it is helpful to wash out the mucus and bacteria from the nasal tube.
6.Make your home and workplace free from allergens and pollutant because it irritates the nasal tubes.
7.Boost Your Immune System- It has found where Sinusitis is only because of low or week immunity and hence improve your immune system.
- Take Vitamin – C – You can add Orange, Grapes, Strawberry, Kiwi, Sweet Potatoes, Papaya etc in your diet.
- Food Rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin D.
AVOID FOODS IN SINUSITIS –
There are foods which are not good in sinusitis, these are as follows –
- Milk Products – Avoid milk products as it makes phlegm and enhances mucus production.
- Avoid Caffeine – It dehydrates your body and week your adrenal gland.
- Limit Alcohol Intake – Alcohol intake makes your body dehydrated.
- Limit Sugar (Refined) – As it cannot be broken down.
- Rice should be avoided.
- Limit or stop fried and fatty foods.
- Icecream needs to be avoided.
- Avoid any chilled food items.
After the use of natural remedies for sinus, you can consult your Doctor for better treatment.