Nature has given us all the possible amenities to keep yourself healthy in every season. Interestingly our body also responds in the same manner either it is summer or winter. People having a good choice during the winter season because there are many winter season fruits and vegetables are easily available. More important all the fruits are fresh cultivated. Most of the winter season fruits are delicious in taste and having good no. of nutrients and minerals which are good for the health.
You all will be agree with me that planning a good diet chart is utmost important to make your body healthy and to get the required amount of protein, vitamin, and minerals. There are many fruits and vegetables are seasonal so everybody should try to use seasonal fruits and vegetables because there is a difference in the fresh and frozen fruits. In the winter season, there are varieties of fruits and vegetables are available that is called winter season fruit which boosts your immunity and health.
Top 10 Healthy Winter Season Fruits and Vegetables –
There are many fruits and vegetables are available in the winter season. Out of these are healthy and effective-
1.Apple – Apple is one of the most important fruits which is widely available and easily accessible in the winter season. Apple is called “nutritional powerhouse” as it provides good no. of nutrients which are good for better health. The Vitamin which is available in apple – is good for the blood cells and nervous systems.
Benefits of Apples-
- Apple contains the good amount of fibers which is helpful to regulate the bowel movement, means digestions.
- It contains anti-oxidants which protect the nerve cells caused by oxidative stress and thus prevent neurodegenerative diseases.
- This fruit is also helpful in reducing cholesterol.
- Apple fruit is helpful for skin, liver and digestive problems.
- It has been recommended for Obesity, Arthritis, Stone, Anemia, Gallbladder Stone, Diabetes etc..
- Apple pulp is also useful to make the face pack to cure face of acne.
2.Grapes – Grapes are the rich source of anti-oxidant and potassium which are good for health. Grapes which is generally found in the winter season are healthy fruits –
- Grapes have laxative properties, due to organic acids, sugar, and cellulose which is beneficial for stomach and intestine and also provide relief from constipation.
- It also contains resveratrol which has cardioprotective activity. Resveratrol inhibits clot formation and reduce the building of plaque of arteries. The seed of grapes contains polyphenols that also reduce the risk of heart diseases by lowering your blood level of LDL.
- Grapes contain resveratrol, quercetin, and other polyphenols which reduce the risk of cancer by protecting your cells from DNA damage from external toxins and metabolic byproducts called free radicals.
- Seeds of grapes are also very useful in case of allergy.
- Grapes fruits are advisable for renal failure patients.
3.Orange – Oranges is one of the best fruits of the winter season. Oranges are very helpful to reduce the risk of cancer by combatting the formation of cancer-causing radicals-
Benefits of Orange Fruits –
- Orange contains Vitamin C which is a key mineral to maintain your skin healthy. The anti-oxidant properties of orange help in protecting your skins from sun damage.
- It is very helpful to control stress as it contains natural folate, which is helpful for the smooth functioning of the brain.
- Orange also contains a good amount of calcium and phosphorus which is good for the development of bone and muscles.
- It also contains fibers which are helpful to improve digestion.
- Orange is not suitable for the people having the allergy problem.
4.Kiwi – Kiwi is the winter seasonal fruit, which is full of Vit C, protein, fiber and potassium. There are many more benefits-
- Kiwi contains inositol which is good to treat depression.
- Regular consumptions of Kiwi is good for healthy eyes.
- Kiwi contains sodium and potassium in the good ratio which is good for the heart.
- Kiwi acts as an immunity booster because it contains Vitamin C in good amount.
5.Pomegranate – It is one of the best winter season fruit which has many advantages. These are as follows-
- It contains a rich amount of anti-oxidant in compare to other fruits or green tea.
- Pomegranate is also helpful to fight against osteoarthritis as it reduces the omission of cartilage.
- It is a good source of Vit B, Vit C, and potassium.
- Pomegranate juice is also effective in cardiovascular diseases.
- Juice of pomegranate also contains anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties against dental plaque.
- Pomegranate juice consumption is helpful in the case of prostate cancer and diabetes etc..
- Pomegranate is also helpful to reduce systolic blood pressure by inhibiting serum angiotensin-converting enzyme.
6. Guava – Guava contains natural folate which is a vasodilator which is beneficial for infertility. Guava consumption is also very helpful in the regulation of thyroid gland. It also contains anti-bacterial properties which are helpful to get rid of harmful waste from your body. As it contains the fibers is useful for constipation.
7.Radishes – Benefits of radishes-
- Radish is the best source of Vit C, Folate, Fibers, Riboflavin and Potassium.
- Radishes are useful to cure a type of Jaundice caused by the presence of excess bilirubin in the bile produced by the liver.
8.Spinach – Spinach is a vegetable which contains almost all nutrients that your body needed. It is a rich source of Vit A, Vit C, Vit B, Vit K, Vit B-6, and Vit E, zinc, protein, fibers and floate.
9.Beets – Beets are winter season vegetable and it contains the variety of protein
- Beets contain antioxidants that are betanins, which provide protection against cancer and other degenerative diseases.
- Beet contains also a rich source of Vit A, Vit B, Vit C, and Potassium and folate.
10.Carrots – Carrots contains an anti-oxidant called Beta-carotene which converts into Vit A.Vit A is good for immune systems, healthy eyes, and Skin. Yellow carrots contain Vit C and Lutein etc..
Seasons fruits and vegetables are advised to consume in the respective season. You may find that all the fruits and vegetables are available in all the season but eating them in the different season is not a wise idea. Nature has scheduled all the vegetables in different -different season. Enjoy all the winter season fruits and vegetable to boost your health.
There are also numbers of fruits are available in the winter season which is helpful to gain your weight too.
I hope after reading this articles your doubt about winter season fruits and vegetables has been cleared as well as you become aware that which fruits or vegetables contain what kind of Vitamin and minerals or in which conditions winter season fruits are prohibited.