Alzheimer’s disease is known as a brain disorder that occurs when brain cells get degenerate and die. The disease is the most common reason for dementia – a continuous decrease in social skills, thinking, brain stability, behavioral that disturb a person’ capacity to perform daily life activities. The early indications of the Alzheimer’s disease might be loss of periodical memory such as recent talks and events. When the disease growth, a person with Alzheimer’s disease will progress in memory loss and lose the energy to complete daily tasks. In this article, you will know in details about Alzheimer’s disease symptoms, Causes, Complications, Treatment, and Management.
Currently, several medications are used for Alzheimer’s disease, and they may incidentally improve the health condition of a patient, but the rate of improvement is slow. However, these medications can help patients with Alzheimer’s disease boost brain ability and maintain its capacity for a time.
There are also different health programs and therapies can help to reduce the symptoms of this disease. Few studies found that there is not permeate treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. In the advanced stages of this disease, a patient can experience several complications such as malnutrition, dehydration, loss of brain function, infection – Even sometimes these complications can result in death.
Alzheimer’s Disease symptoms
In Alzheimer’s disease, memory misfortune is the main symptom. A person can face the difficulty of remembering recent events or conversations in this disease. When the disease growth, brain functionality go worse, and several complicated symptoms develop.
At the initial stage, a patient with Alzheimer’s disease might experience issues with forgetting things and balancing thoughts. The friends and family members might notice how the side effects intensify, and Symptoms get worse.
Memory: However, it is normal; everybody can experience periodic memory loss, for example, sometimes you forget about where you put your keys or forget the name of a person, place or thing. Although, the memory loss with Alzheimer’s disease can persist and worsens, and it negatively affects the capacity of a person to perform work at the office or home. Visit here to find out more.
People with Alzheimer’s might experience:
- Repeat question and words again and again
- Forget discussions, arrangements, appointments or occasions, and forget all of these things for a long time
- Regularly misplace valuable property papers or possessions, and placing them in nonsensical areas
- Completely Forget familiar places and well-known spots
- Often not remember the name of everyday objects and family members
- Face difficulties in finding the correct words to describe objects, express feelings or making discussions
Thinking and reasoning: With Alzheimer’s disease, a person can face trouble in focusing and considering. It is challenging to perform multiple tasks such as it might be challenging to manage cash, pay bills on time, and balance on checkbooks. These issues might be increased when Alzheimer’s disease grows.
Making judgments and decisions: The capacity to make sensible choices and decisions in normal circumstances goes decay. For instance, a person might make poor decisions in social behaviors such as he can wear clothes that are against the weather. It might be increasingly hard to react viably to regular issues, for example, overeating food or drink water over and over.
Changes in Behavior & Personality
Several Brain changes may occur in Alzheimer’s disease that can affect behaviors & moods. Following Complications may include:
- Mood swings
- Distrust in others
- Loss of inhibitions
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Social withdrawal
- Irritability and aggressiveness
- Imaginations: believing in things that not really exist in the world
Causes and Risk Factors of Alzheimer’s disease:
After the above discussion, Alzheimer’s disease is caused by the death of the brain cell. It is also known as a neurodegenerative disease. When there is progress in brain cell death, the condition gets worse. In a patient with Alzheimer’s disease, the nerve cells have fewer and tissues has fewer that have lost the capacity to make a right connection with the brain.
Unavoidable Causes and several risk factors for developing the condition the Alzheimer’s disease include:
Following are the risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease:
- Increasing age – Risk increases greatly after 65. But after 85, there is a 50% risk of getting Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s disease is more commonly seen in females
- Family history and past history of severe or repeated head injury are factors that may lead to Alzheimer’s
- Lifestyle factors: Lack of exercise, smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, poorly controlled diabetes, a diet lacking in fruits and vegetables
The patient with Alzheimer’s disease loses control on various body functions that result in several complications such as:
- Pneumonia- It occurs due to difficulty in swallowing causing aspiration
- Urinary tract infections – It occurs due to poor control over the urinary bladder
- Injuries- It occurs due to falling down
Treatment and Management
Several factors may help prevent Alzheimer’s condition include:
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining cardiovascular disease, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity.
- Healthy diet
- Cognitive training
- Take part in lifelong learning
- Even several studies recommend that staying socially and mentally engaged with certain things might help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Play activities and day-care programs
- involvement of support groups and services
CBD and Alzheimer’s Disease
The medical advantages continue to grow with CBD and Alzheimer’s disease researches. According to recent studies, CBD has been appeared to decrease or expel the effect of inflammation, oxygen, and brain cell development.
According to the CEO of guidancepa.com, CBD has demonstrated the capacity to prevent the advancement of Alzheimer’s disease and its adverse effect on health. A recent report by Australian scientists Tim Karl and Carl Group found that CBD help in the development and growth of brain cells.
As per experts, there are not available modifying drugs for Alzheimer’s disease, but with some drug therapies, the symptoms may reduce to improve quality of life. Cholinesterase inhibitors approved for symptomatic relief in the U.S. include:
- Tacrine (Cognex)
- Rivastigmine (Exelon)
- Donepezil (Aricept)
- There is few another kind of drug such as memantine (Namenda), it may also use.
Points to Remember
- Create a safe and supportive environment for the patient
- Make routines for daily chores
- Fix a place for important items like keys, wallets, and mobile phones, etc. so that patient find it easier to locate
- Remove risks of falling such as removing excess furniture at home, having non-slippery floors and slippers
- Give prescribed medicines regularly
- Provide a healthy and active lifestyle
- Help the patient to keep the mind calm and cool
- Keep routine of exercise or recreational activities to reduce stress
- Spend quality time among family and friends
I am sure that after reading this article you will have complete knowledge about Alzheimer Diseases, Alzheimer’s disease symptoms, causes, complications, and Management. If you have loved this article, share to others for their benefits as well as share your valuable feedback.
You can also read –