Diabetes is a metabolic disorder of the body. It is associated with blood glucose level or sugar in the body. There are 2 conditions arise whether blood glucose level is too high that is Hyperglycemia or too low that is Hypoglycemia. It is very important to understand how and why glucose is required and why it causes Diabetes. There is a gland called Pancrease which contain Beta cells that is responsible for Insulin production and insulin convert glucose into energy for the body metabolism and what we do. In Diabetic condition, either body do not produce enough insulin or do not produce insulin at all or body becomes resistant to insulin which results in unhealthy conditions and it is known as Diabetes. It is the conditions where blood glucose level goes up and damage the blood vessel or nerve of many organs and cause many other problems like – Heart Problem, Kidney Problem, Stroke, Skin Problems and many more. That is why everybody should know the diabetes symptoms in or women to take early advice from the consultant to get start treatment well on time.
Types of Diabetes –
There are following types of Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes-Type 1 Diabetes is an autoimmune disease where body immune systems attack the beta cells of the pancreas which are responsible to produce insulin. In this case, the body does not produce insulin and that is why glucose does not convert into energy and finally glucose level increase into the blood and cause many health-related problems.
- Type 2 Diabetes-In Type 2 Diabetes cells of the body do not convert glucose into energy because of the high level of glucose level over time and cells become irresponsive or resistant to insulin. There are many medicines are being used to treat it.
- Prediabetes-It is a condition where the person is not diabetic but his/her glucose level goes up many time. It is an initial sign of diabetes. It is a time when people should start taking precaution.
- Gestational Diabetes- It is a condition of diabetes of pregnant women. It generally occurs due to Obesity, genetic inheritance, if you had diabetes in early pregnancy. It also affects your child growth and there may be a chance to develop diabetes to the child just after birth. It can be managed by good and healthy nutritional plan, healthy weight and exercise.
Diabetes Symptoms in Men or Women
There are many diabetes symptoms in men or women are common. These are as follows-
- Increased Urination
- Increased Thirst
- Eat More Often
- Feel energyless or tired
- Eye vision get deteriorated
- Wound or Cut would not heal normally
- Weight Loss
Some of The Specific Diabetes Symptoms In Men –
- Erectile Dysfunction – Erectile Dysfunction is the condition where men feel difficulty in achieving or maintaining the erection. It generally happens because blood vessel or nerve get damaged because of the increased level of Glucose in the blood. Due to damage blood vessel or nerve blood flow significantly reduced and cause erectile dysfunction. There are also some of the other reason for erectile dysfunction like – High Blood pressure, High Cholesterol, Heart Diseases and Smoking etc
- Retrograde Ejaculation – Retrograde Ejaculation is the condition where men semen passes into urinary tract instead of out through the penis. It generally happens when muscles part of urinary tract does not work properly and not direct the outflow of semen. Diabetes is one of the reasons for retrograde ejaculation, there may be other reason like earlier urological surgery. If you discharge minimal semen during ejaculation, you should consult with your consultant to take advice for well on time.
- Urinary Problems – Urinary problems include frequent urination and urge to pass urine more often. It generally happens when muscles and nerve get damage because of high blood sugar. There is another reason also like urinary tract infection.
- Recurrent Genital Thrush-It occurs because of Yeast infection and yeast infection occurs because of high blood glucose level and causing it to pass through urine. There are many symptoms of Genital thrush are as follows-
- Redness or swelling in or around the penis.
- Itching on or around the penis
- Unpleasant odor and soreness during sex.
All the above diabetes symptoms in men are very specific and other symptoms also occur. If you feel these symptoms then it is needed to meet with the consultant to take proper advise for your health and protect the complication.
Causes of Diabetes in Men or Women
There are many causes of Diabetes is as follows –
- Type 1 Diabetes – is generally occurring because of autoimmune disorder, where body immune systems attack beta cells and that is why pancreas does not produce insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes -mainly occurs because of insulin resistance and inadequate production of insulin.
- Obesity is one of the main reason for Insulin Resistance.
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol Level
- Genetic Inheritance
- Mental Problems (Depression & Anxiety)
- Poor Diet
- People who escape their breakfast are more prone to diabetes.
Complication of Diabetes
If diabetes persist for the longer period of time it causes many complications which affect your quality of life like –
- Heart Diseases
- Kidney Problem
- Blur vision
- Urinary problems
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Vaginal Yeast Infections
- Skin Problems
- Mental Problems like – depression, anxiety
- Healing of cut and wound would not happen immediately
- Stroke -because of High Cholesterol, High B.P
Diagnosis of Diabetes in Men or Women
If you feel Diabetes symptom then you should always go for diagnosis for the confirmation to find whether you have Diabetes or not –
1.The Fasting Plasma Glucose Test (FPG Test)-
- If it is less than or equal to 100mg/dl means normal.
- If it comes between 100mg/dl to 125.99mg/dl mean prediabetic.
- If it is above than 126mg/dl means you are diabetic.
2.The HbA1C Test –
- Less than 5.7 means normal
- If it is in between 5.7-5.99 means you are prediabetic.
- If it is above or equal to 6.5 means diabetes
3.The Oral Glucose Tolerance Test-
- Normal – 140mg/dl
- Prediabetic- 140mg/dl to 199.99mg/dl
- Diabetic -200mg/dl
I hope after reading this article you all become aware of diabetes symptoms in men or women, causes and symptoms and diagnosis that will help you all to understand it in the early stage of diabetes and it will help you to take preventive action well on time means before complications.
Treatment of Diabetes –
- Types 1 Diabetes goes or lasts a lifetime. In this case, insulin injection is only ways.
- Types 2 Diabetes symptoms can be eradicated with medications along with lifestyle, dietary style, exercise and by reducing obesity.
A Real Story of Patient who had diabetes along with other Chronic Diseases
An elderly woman had a Type 1 diabetic history along with hypertension, due to diabetes and hypertension her kidney was also impaired. She was running with all these chronic diseases. Every day she had to take many medicines because of all these diseases. Due to old age, she was always forgetting to take medicine on time or to make an appointment for the next consultancy. She was very worried about it because it was creating lots of problem to her and her health was getting compromised day by day.
Once she comes to know about an app or website that is MedManage who has many features that enable her to take medicine and reduce her dependency from the family member.
Amazing Features of MedManage
MedManage has many features which are beneficial for the patients.
- Manages the medication – MedManage app or website enables patients to manage their medication and thus improves their health.
- Reminder – This app has also reminder properties means you can put the reminder, at what time which medicine has to take and thus MedManage reduce the dependency of patients to the family member.
- Data saving- MedManage saves your prescription or medicines details for the future in the cloud.
- Medicine List – This app also contains the medicine list for Diabetes and Asthma. In this section, you will also get information about medicines and diseases.
- MedManage App is very useful for the patients’ adherence.
- It also offers you to sell your data without revealing your personal information.
Any patient who has more than one chronic disease they generally face the problems related to timely medication, dependency on other for timely medicines, forget about the next consultancy.
MedManage is very useful and effective app as well as the website to manage all patient related, medicine-related data. It is an app or website which reduces your stress related to medicine and prescription and thus helps to make you healthy.
Patients can download this app from iPhone store or they can directly use it from https://mymedicationlog.com
Use it once and see the benefits of how it makes your personal life relax.
If diabetes is not treated well on time and it persists for the longer period then it increases the risk of developing many complications.
Related Articles – Top 10 Best Natural Remedies For Diabetes and Foods To Avoid With Diabetes