Know more about Symptoms, Cause and How to Cure Diarrhea
Diarrhea is not a condition, it a symptom of another health-related issue like -side effects of medication, Chronic diseases, Food intolerance, bacterial, Viral or parasitic infections.If you are passing more than 3 or 3 watery stools in a day, it is called diarrhea.It usually takes 3-4 days to treat diarrhea completely. Sometime it goes beyond it this time period due to the severity of the problem.Diarhhea is the fifth leading cause of death worldwide and affecting 11% of the general population. That is why for immediate action on it everyone should know how to cure diarrhea.Diarrhea may be acute or chronic. Acute diarrhea generally occurs due to food intolerance, bacterial and viral infections whereas chronic diarrhea is the negative effects of other diseases like- chron’s diseases, Ulcerative colitis, Irritable bowel syndrome and in some of the case Acid reflux or GERD leads to Irritable bowel syndrome and finally down the line person suffer from diarrhea. etc..
Symptoms and Cause of Diarrhea
The main symptoms of diarrhea are the passing of watery stool three or more than three in a day. People having diarrhea may have another symptom like –
- Frequent and loose stools
- Abdominal Pain
- Nausea, Abdominal Bloating
- Fever and Headache.
Diarrhea may cause Dehydration and Malabsorption – There are following symptoms of Dehydration and Malabsorption are as follows-
- Less and dark colored urination.
- People feel more thirst
- Sunken eyes and cheeks.
- Loss of appetite and Bodyweight.
All the above symptoms are very common in the case of Diarrhea.It can be managed if you know how to cure diarrhea.
What Causes Diarrhea
There are three types of Diarrhea – Acute Diarrhea, Chronic Diarrhea and Traveler Diarrhea. Each and everyone has different causes like –
- Acute Diarrhea –Acute Diarrhea occurs because of the Bacterial infection means bacteria enter into your body either through contaminated food or water.These bacterias are- Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Shigella. Viral Infection- There is a virus which causes diarrhea is as- rotavirus etc..
- Chronic Diarrhea – Chronic Diarrhea is the side effect of other diseases like – Chron’s Diseases, Ulcerative colitis, Irritable bowel syndrome etc..
- Traveler Diarrhea –When people move from one place to another place it causes diarrhea just because of Rotavirus.
- Food allergies and Food intolerance- There is some food which allergies to people and cause diarrhea like – Cow’s Milk and Seafood etc…
- Lactulose intolerance –It is the common problem that causes diarrhea. If somebody eats or drink milk or milk products.
- Long-term use of medication – If anyone is taking medicine from the longer period of time can cause the diarrhea like-antibiotics use for a long time alter the gut microbiota and increase the chance of infection with Clostridium difficili.
How to Cure Diarrhea-
Here you will find the effective ways to cure diarrhea –
- Eat curd or Yogurt- It is very helpful to cure diarrhea because it has been proven that it contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium. These strains are able to restore the gut flora, as you have read that gut flora disturbance cause diarrhea. So by taking curd and yogurt, you will feel the difference after an hour.
- Add ripe Banana to your diet – Add ripe banana to your diet as it contains pectin that is very helpful in diarrhea.Pectin is highly soluble in water and forms the thick colloid solution.Ripe banana also contains potassium that will also help to maintain electrolytes in the body.
- Take the BRAT diet –To cure diarrhea you can go to BRAT diet, B-Banana, R- Rice, A-Applesauce, T-Toast.All the above diet contain low sugar and low acid which soother your intestine.You can eat rice with soup or curd for the better taste.
- Drink Black Tea – As black tea contains astringents tannins that provide assistance to a lessen intestinal issue. How black drink also assist with rehydration.Do not add milk in your tea because it will create more problem.
- Take Probiotics –Probiotics is the good bacteria which is very helping to balance the gut microflora. Diarrhea occurs when gut microbiota disbalance takes place. In this case, probiotics have the good role to restore the microbiota.
- Take the Carrot Soup – Carrot consist of antidyspeptic properties, it is very helpful in diarrhea.
- Take Zinc Supplement – According to study zinc supplement can improve the symptoms of diarrhea.Zinc is the micronutrients that help in the synthesis of protein and transport both water and electrolytes in the intestine. According to the health, the organization recommended a dosage of Zinc supplement orally 10 mg every day to children under the age of 6 months and 20 mg to the children above the age of 6 months.
- Take Chamomile Tea – Earlier Chamomile tea was used to treat inflammation and GI tract. Chamomile has also the antispasmodic effect that is helpful to reduce abdominal pain.
- Try Psyllium – Psyllium is a soluble fiber which absorbs water and leads to the firmer stool in diarrhea.Take a glass of water with psyllium.
- Try apple cider Vinegar – Apple cider Vinegar having antimicrobial properties, try stirring two teaspoons into one warm cup of water and drink it.
- Raw honey and Ginger – Some people have used this method which reduces the irritation and soothe the stomach,
- Take an over the counter and anti-diarrhea absorbent –Absorbent is the medicine that binds to the wall of intestinal wall and colon and absorbs water so that your stool is less watery, Anti-motility medicine slows down the movement of the gut and relaxes the gut organ to absorb more water resulting very less watery stool.
- Avoid Foods that Cause Problems in Diarrhea –It is very important to know what is not to eat, it is as important as you know what to eat . It is the most important steps towards how to cure Diarrhea- 1.Dairy products should be avoided 2. Avoid Non-Steroid Anti-inflammatory Drugs 3. Avoid Caffeine 4. Spicy Foods 5.Choclate 6. Alcohol.
- Take Enough Water – In Diarrhea dehydration is the common problem. It can be controlled and manage by taking more and more water.It is also helpful to maintain electrolytes.
- Get Proper Sleep – Enough Sleep strong your immunity that is why deep and enough sleep is required.
HOW TO PREVENT DIARRHEA –
Diarrhea can be prevented only by maintaining hygiene and discipline –
- Rotavirus which is responsible for diarrhea in the child just because of Rotavirus Vaccines. Means chances can be reduced by doing vaccination. Two Vaccines are approved for the children to protect them from Diarrhea.
- Traveller Diarrhea can be controlled by avoiding drinking Tap water, street food, Raw vegetable etc..
- If you are an older adult and your immunity is weak then you should also drink rehydration solution.
- Diarrhea can be controlled only by doing the maintaining the hygiene because it generally happens because of infection.
I hope that after reading this article you are more aware of how to cure Diarrhea, Symptoms, and Cause of Diarrhea that will help you to make your life diarrhea free.