Piles are also known as Haemorrhoids. It is the inflamed and swollen collection of tissue at the back passage that is the anus. The inflamed and swollen tissue or veins become enlarged than usuals, which create a problem at the time of passing stools. Due to it some time bleeding, mucus discharge and pain occurs. Itching is also one of the symptoms of Piles. Piles have ranges of sizes and it is either internal hemorrhoids or external hemorrhoids. There are many people who do know or feel that they are having problems with piles only because of size. As earlier I have mentioned that it may vary in size, larger size or many nodules are the reason for pain and bleeding. People should know about the piles causes and symptoms to take preventive care or to take treatment well on time.
What Are The Different Types Of Piles
There are mainly two types of Piles –
- Internal Haemorrhoids – As the name suggest, internal Haemorrhoids is the swollen or inflamed tissue or vein lies inside the rectum that you can not feel or see. Normally it does not hurt but bleeding is one of the signs of internal hemorrhoids. After the long time when its size increase and protrude outside the anal sphincter then you may able to feel it. Sometimes it comes out while passing the stool but you can push back inside the rectum.
- External Haemorrhoids –It also lies inside the rectum but not deeper as internal hemorrhoids. You can feel or touch the External Haemorrhoids or piles, In this case, there are chances of bleeding and pain while passing the stools. It is very uncomfortable as it protruded at or around the anal sphincter.
Anal Bleeding and pain is the common sign to evaluate the piles. Here you all will learn more about the piles causes and symptoms so that you can speak to your consultant to get treated well on time.
Piles are also categorized according to the Size –
- Grade 1- Grade 1 piles are very small in size and it lies inside the rectum. In some cases, it increases and converts into grade 2 Piles.
- Grade 2 – Grade 2 piles are larger in size. Sometimes it comes outside during passing the stools but go back again.
- Grade 3 – In Grade 3, piles are hanging out from the anus while passing the stool.You will feel it.It can go back when you push with your finger.
- Grade 4 – In Grade 4, Piles are permanently hanging out with the anus, you can not push back.
What are the Piles Causes and Symptoms –
In most of the cases, people do not know that they are having piles because of initial stage and it normally resolve on their own after few days.Sign and symptoms mainly depend on the whether it is external hemorrhoids or internal and what is the grade.
In internal Haemorrhoids, people do not feel discomfort as it lies inside the rectum but irritation, staining in defecation and bleeding occurs.
External Haemorrhoids lies inside and around the rectum. Staining on defecation, itching, bleeding, discomforts, pain, swelling, and inflammation are the sign and symptoms. Knowing the Piles causes and Symptoms will be helpful for preventive care.
Some of the common Symptoms of Piles are as Follows –
- Discomforts and pain while sitting.
- Itching and irritation around the anal.
- Staining on defecation.
- Blood in stools.
- Swelling and inflammation around the anus.
- Pain during passing the stools.
Bleeding during the bowel movement is the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding can be symptoms of another disease too if it occurs continuously. In that case, you should consult with your healthcare provider to know about the reason if it is not matched with Piles causes and Symptoms.
What are the Causes of Piles
The exact cause of piles or haemorrhoids is not clear. But it is associated with inflamed or swollen vessels due to increase pressure around your anus. Means increase pressure is the reason of inflamed or swollen blood vessels around or inside the anus. That is why most of the causes are associated with increased pressure.
- Constipation – Constipation can be one of the reason because during constipation people put the pressure while passing the stools and it is also the cause of straining during defecation.
- Diarrhea – Chronic or long-term diarrhea can be another reason as it makes you more likely to get the haemorrhoid.
- Pregnancy -During pregnancy body put the pressure on pelvic blood vessels and causing them to enlarge.
- Straining during defecations.
- Obesity can be another reason for Piles. That is why you should reduce your obesity.
- Age – As people get older body tissue does not supports and get weaker and increase the chance of haemorrhoid.
- Family History – It has been found that family history may be the reason.
- Heavyweight lifting.
- Anal Intercourse can be the reason.
- According to NHP -Holding your breath while straining to do physical labor and poor posture.
Prevention of Piles –
People who have haemorrhoids or piles feel the problems mainly while passing the stools, so softening the stool will reduce the symptoms of Piles –
- Take 6-8 glass of water or other liquids in a day which helps to soften the stools.
- Eat Fibers foods like – Vegetables, Fruits and Whole grain to get rid of constipation, as you have learned that constipation cause straining inside the rectum. Higher fibers diet increase the bulk and soften the stools.
- Timely go to the toilet or when the urge to pass the stools -this habit will regularise bowel movement.
- Do not put pressure while passing the stool as it creates pressure on the vein in the rectum.
- Do exercise on regular basis, It will reduce your obesity and also provide relief from constipation.
- Try to avoid a long time sitting, especially in toilets, as it creates pressure on the veins in the anus.
I hope after reading this articles you become aware of piles causes and symptoms that will be helpful to you for better understanding. If you feel symptoms like piles consult your healthcare provider for better treatment. Self-management along with medication will be helpful to get the fast result. You will agree with me that a healthy lifestyle and dietary management not only rid the piles but also makes a bone for the good health.