Lifestyle modification is different for different people. For some it helps to identify poor eating habits and other dietary concerns for others, lifestyle modification can mean quitting smoking or drinking, improving posture, or even addressing destructive activities that can have a serious effect on an individual’s lifestyle. Principle of lifestyle modification means eating right, sleeping right, moving right, reducing stress, maintaining good habits and keeping yourself engaged in some hobbies. Modification in lifestyle is not only indicated for patients but for everyone to keep themselves healthy and fit. It may reduce, or even abolish, the need for medicines. Health is the price we pay for the effect that comes along with the sedentary lifestyle. Right lifestyle balances physical and emotional well being. Lifestyle changes including healthy eating patterns increased physical activity, and weight management improves the risk factors associated with the disease. That is why everybody should know the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
Lists of Benefits of a Healthy lifestyle
Have you ever think that your diet and lifestyle play an important role in your healthy life? The diet you are taking, doing physical activity and living style has a greater impact on your overall health. So now come and let’s learn what are the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
1. Reduce Your Obesity – One major impact that you generally see in your society is Obesity. Due to unhealthy lifestyle and diet nowadays people are generally obese which has so major impact on your health. With proper diet and physical activity, you can reduce your obesity. If you overlook to obesity, it can cause –
- Heart Diseases
- Bone-related issues
- Gut Problem etc. So if you want to protect yourself from these problems, follow a healthy lifestyle and diet.
2. Management of Diabetes – With the proper diet management and lifestyle you can control diabetes. With proper diet, you can do certain changes which are required during the management of diabetes –
- Weight Management – With Proper diet and exercise you can control and manage the weight.
- Management of glucose level – Diet and exercise always play an important role in the management of glucose.
- Management of saturated fatty acid and unsaturated fatty acid. Maintaining blood pressure etc.
3. Reduce the chances of a Heart problem – More than 80% heart problem and stroke can be managed with a healthy lifestyle and diet. Mainly heart problem occurs because of the blood artery when it gets thick because of cholesterol or fat. So your healthy lifestyle and diet can play a major role here.
4 Improve your gut – Generally, gut-related issues happen because of your diet and lifestyle. Gut related issues like
- Liver-related issues ( Fatty liver) all happen mainly because of your poor diet and unmanaged lifestyle.
5. Improved Mood – Healthy Diet provides you required or essential mineral to make your mood happy. Diet and Physical activity have a good role in mood change.
6. Combat Diseases – Healthy diet habits protect you from many diseases like – Diabetes, Heart problem, Gut problem, stroke, etc. Your physical activity plays a good role to control metabolic syndrome. and prevent many health issues. If your immunity is strong there is a lesser chance to get sick. Your diet provides all the required and essential nutrients which are required for a healthy life and your lifestyle and physical activity also play a good role.
There are many benefits of a healthy life that everyone should know.
Healthy eating patterns
- Cut Salt-A large quantity of salt intake (sodium) is one of the main reasons behind many diseases such as high blood pressure. The recommended daily requirement is approximately six grams (a level teaspoon
- Try to stay away from condiments such as pickles, sauces. Even their smaller portions are loaded with salt to preserve and balance the other strong flavors in them.
- Easy On Sugar-Refined sugar is basically a form of carbohydrate and our daily requirement of carbohydrate (which is approx. 130 gm/day) is generally met by all other sources of food items. Try a healthier option such as honey. Table sugar is considered as “empty calories”, honey is full of minerals and vitamins.
- Consume a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, legumes, poultry, and lean meats.
- Limit foods high in saturated fat, trans fatty acids, and cholesterol, substitute unsaturated fat from vegetables, fish, legumes, and nuts. Minimize consumption of sweets, soft drinks, sugary fruit juices, and white bread. Choose whole fruits, freshly-squeezed juices, and whole grain bread instead.
Importance of Physical activity
Physical activity can reduce the risk of many diseases, improves balance and coordination, help in losing weight, and even boost self-esteem. There is a number of ways to stay active by changing little difference in daily day to day activities.
- Stairs, Not Lift-Stairs can protect from deadly ailments in the long run. Climbing stairs is actually a workout in itself. It is a high-intensity exercise promoting cardio-respiratory benefits, which is free of cost and easily accessible, anytime, everywhere. With a steady pace, climbing stairs for five minutes can make you burn a whopping 140 calories.
- Exercise, Unintentionally-Don’t think that if we look thin we don’t need to do exercise, doing exercise is medicine in itself it helps to keep our body active and helps to burn out extra fat from the body. Apart from the regular gymming, there are several ways to put the body at work, that too without even realizing it. For example, cycling, walking, taking pet for a walk, or playing with kids are all such activities. Make it interesting by listening to music or taking your friend along.
- Develop a Hobby-Another option to sweat without gym is putting all effort into something such as fast-paced dancing, swimming, and playing an outdoor game will all burn hundreds of calories in an hour. People will not even realize how much time passed while doing(actually exercising) favorite hobby.
Good habits for Healthy Life
- Early Dinner-Eat an early and light dinner. Almost an hour and a half before bedtime. Since there is no physical activity after dinner. So, it is advisable to eat by the end of the evening.
- Cessation of smoking-Smoking is the major reason behind many diseases, avoid smoking and tobacco products helps to recover from serious health issues. It is one of the best things anyone can do to live a longer and healthier life.
- Limit alcohol intake – to no more than 2 drinks per day (men) and 1 drink per day(women) in those who choose to drink alcohol
- Get plenty of sleep
- Maintain good hygiene such as washing hands quickly after using washrooms, taking bath regularly, Brush your teeth twice a day it not only helps to prevent gums diseases but also heart diseases.
- Protect yourself from too much sun, whenever go outside apply sunscreen lotion to avoid direct exposure of sun
- Regularly do the measurement of weight and blood pressure
- Every 1% reduction in body weight lowers systolic BP by an average of 1 mm Hg
- Weight loss is recommended for all overweight (BMI 25.0–29.9 kg/m2) or obese (BMI 30.0 kg/m2) adults who have, or who are at risk for developing, type 2 diabetes
- Eat slowly. It takes 20 minutes for the brain to register that the stomach is full
- Avoiding sugary drinks and foods such as chocolate, sweets, biscuits, cakes, etc
- Eating three meals a day and not skipping meals. Skipping meals will just make you feel more hungry, make people think more about food, and make people more likely to overeat in the evening or snack between meals
- Eat breakfast- Always have breakfast, It helps to control blood sugar levels, can kick-start metabolism and prevent from eating junk foods. It has also been linked with increasing activity levels throughout the day, by replenishing your energy levels
- Avoid TV during the eating time because distractions during mealtimes lead to overeat
- It is difficult for one member of a household to shop and eat differently from others. It is best that the whole household should eat a healthy diet
- Do not go for strict diets to reduce weight because as soon as their diet is over, they often go back to their old eating habits, and their weight goes straight back on
- As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 640 ml (21.6 oz) of water drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach purifies the body’s internal system. An especially important result of this treatment is that it cleanses the colon, which makes the body much more able to absorb nutrients from food
- It is found out that water therapy is a 100% cure for arthritis, epilepsy, bronchitis, tuberculosis, meningitis, diarrhea, throat diseases and many other ailments.
- It helps to balance the lymph system which maintains body fluids and fight infection
- Water helps to remove toxins from the body keeps skin glowing and clear.
- Helps with weight loss, water boost metabolism by 24% in the morning.
I am sure that after reading this article you have a full understanding of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and ways to become healthy.
Give your feedback as your feedback is very valuable to improve the pieces of information on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and ways to become healthy.
You can also read –