Get Rid of Thyroid problems in Women and Men
Thyroid problem generally happens when the thyroid gland does not work or function properly. The Thyroid gland is located at the base of the neck and is shaped like a butterfly. It produces the hormone called thyroxine. The Thyroid gland is also called the master of metabolism as it plays a vital role in the metabolism of body functions. If Thyroid gland produces more or less thyroxine hormone cause problems. The Thyroid problems in women are more likely than men.
According to American Thyroid Association women especially older women are the most susceptible to developing Thyroid Problems.https://www.thyroid.org/media-main/about-hypothyroidism/
THYROID GLAND AND ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS
The Thyroid gland is located at the base of the neck and is shaped like the butterfly. The Thyroid gland secretes the hormone called Thyroxine –
- Triiodothyronine (T4)
- Thyroxine (T3)
The Thyroid hormone regulates many bodies functions like –
- Body Weight
- Heart Rate
- Menstrual Cycle
- Hair thinning or loss
- Many More
HOW THYROID GLAND FUNCTIONS
The Thyroid gland produces store and releases the hormone into the bloodstream so that it can reach the body cell.
Iodine that you eat in food is used by the Thyroid gland to produce Two hormones-
- Triiodothyronine (T3)
T3 and T4 level should neither high nor low. There are two glands that are hypothalamus and the pituitary gland in the brain which communicate to maintain T3 and T4 level.
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) releasing hormone (TRH) is released from Hypothalamus that signal to the pituitary gland to release TSH when T3 or T4 level increase or decrease.
T3 and T4 regulate the metabolism of vital body functions -like T3 and T4 regulate your heart rate and how fast your intestine processes food.
Symptoms related to Thyroid abnormalities is categorized into two parts-
- Hyperthyroidism -If Thyroid gland release more T3 and T4 hormone then condition are called Hyperthyroidism.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism – There are symptoms which give you the indication that you are suffering from Hyperthyroidism-
- Hair Loss
- Changes in Menstrual Life Cycle
- Shaking(Hand Trembling)
2. Hypothyroidism – If Thyroid gland secretes or release less T3 or T4 hormone condition are called Hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism– There are symptoms which give you the indication that you are suffering from Hyperthyroidism.
- Sleeping Problem
- Dry Skin and Hair
- Concentration problem
- Joint and Muscles pain
If thyroid gland does not work properly or release the required amount of hormone cause certain disorders like-
- GOITER – A Goiter is abnormal large thyroid gland. A goiter develops because of swollen or gland has multiples nodules. It may have symptoms of Hyperthyroidism.
- Grave’s Diseases- It is an autoimmune disease associated with the thyroid gland.When the body produces the protein called thyroid stimulating immunoglobin that attacks to the thyroid and hence thyroid gland produce more hormone.
- Hashimoto Diseases- It is also an autoimmune diseases disorder in which antibodies damage the thyroid gland or cells and few thyroid cells left to secretes hormone cause swelling.
HOW TO GET RID OF THYROID PROBLEMS IN WOMEN OR MEN
Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism can be managed, controlled or rid of lifestyle or diet changes along with medications.
- Eat Good Foods –There are certain nutritive elements are required for the proper function like – Iodine, Vitamin, Selenium and Many more. So makes your daily diet plan which full fill your required elements.
- Add Vegetables and Fruits in your diet – Try to add vegetables and fruits in your diet as it contains high Vitamin, Mineral, Selenium, and Antioxidant which control the free radicals that enable for proper metabolism.
- Eat High Fiber Food – In case of Hypothyroidism, people face the problem of digestion and hence add 30-40 grams of fiber in your diet, It not only improve your digestion but it also improve heart health.
- Sprouted Seeds – Hemp, Flax and Chia Seeds is rich in ALA ( Alpha-linolenic acid). It is a type of Omega-3 fat which controls hormonal balance and thyroid function. ALA also improve the stress quality.
- Avoid or Reduce Sugar Intake – Natural sugar is good for health means sugar in fruits and vegetable but additive sugar is generally fructose which is not good for health. It also alters the body metabolism.
- Take ASHWAGANDHA – Ashwagandha is a herb that helps the body to respond stress. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen which helps in lowering cortisol and balance T4 Level.
- Take Iodine – Make a diet chart which contains iodine like – Fish, Sea Vegetables, Egg etc that can help prevent iodine deficiency.
- Take Selenium supplement –The Thyroid gland contain the high content of selenium. Selenium is very important to produce T3 Hormone. It also decreases the autoimmune effects. Selenium supplement decrease anti-thyroid antibody and improve the condition
- Avoid to eat processed and pre-packaged foods- Processing foods generally conation added sugar which is not beneficial for the thyroid gland. It is a concept that any food which is too white is processed like white bread or white pasta etc…
It is found in many studies that thyroid problems in women are more common than men and hence women should be more conscious for better health.I hope after reading this articles you get complete knowledge about thyroid problems and solutions.f you are feeling problems and having more symptoms of Thyroid then speak to your consultant Doctor for proper treatments