The Most Effective Healthy Foods to Gain Weight
In this era, everyone is running behind to lose body weight because they wanted to look slim and fit. But there are people who wanted to gain weight because of too skinny. Skinny body does not look handsome or beautiful. It affects the overall personality of them. The skinny body is a concern because being underweight can be just bad for your health as being obese. Just by adding healthy foods to your diet along with exercise you can gain weight. Here you will get an understanding of healthy foods to gain weight.
What is the meaning of Underweight
Underweight means if anyone having body mass index (BMI) is less than 18.50. It is considered that low BMI people need to work on their health.
Conversely, over 25 BMI is understood as overweight and over 30 is obese.
You can calculate your BMI, by this BMI Calculator
Healthy Foods To Gain Weight-
Gaining weight is not a simple task. It is a time-consuming process but you have to be patient and practice it correctly. So focus on eating healthy foods but at the right time and right quantity rather than looking for the different body diet plan.
The most important step is to increase daily calorie intake than required by adding healthy foods to your diet.
A. Add Calories to Your Diet-Every Body has some calorie content, so like we eat food has low calorie to lose weight, in the same way, you have to eat food has high calorie to gain weight. The most important step that you need to follow is that eat more calories than your body require. If you want to develop your body slow and steady then take minimum 300-500 calories than your body or you burn each day.
- Add Vegetables to your daily diet like – Carrot, Broccoli, Pumpkin, Lettuce, Spinach Bean and etc..
- Eat Red Meat on a daily basis but do not eat more.
- Eat Nuts on a daily basis. Nuts have one of the highest amounts of energy and it is one of the healthiest food of high calories.
- You can add more calories to your diet by increasing the consumption of dairy products. Do not curb the fats of dairy products. Foods rich in calorie and protein help us to gain weight.
You need to increase your daily intake by adding more calories foods but do not eat more, only increase your no.of meals.
B. Increase the no. of meals – Increase the no. of meals mean do eat more often that will be also beneficial for the digestive system.
- Add a cup of milk cereals, toasted bread with butter and fruits in your breakfast.
- Take boiled eggs, nuts, dry fruits and cheese sandwich in your snacks.
- Add pulses, green vegetables, rice, ghee, and dairy products in your diet.
Frequent eating or taking food at every three or four hours maintain the consistent energy level in your diet.
C.High Protein along with Calories – There are foods which contain protein along with calories are as – Egg, Lean meat, Fishes, Chicken, Pulses, Fruits and Sprouted grains are the rich source of high protein along with calories. The protein contains amino acids which is the building block of muscles that is why to try to add healthy foods to gain weight.
D. Add Healthy Fats to Your Diet – Healthy fats are always good for health as it is helpful to the muscles growth and also do help in the production of hormone-like- Testosterone. This hormone plays a vital role in the development of muscles. It is also helpful in increasing the metabolic rate which helps the body to reduce bad fats and gain good fats. Foods those provide good fats are as – Nuts, Flaxseed oil, Salmon, Leafy veggie. Healthy fats are also a good source of Omega-3-fatty acids.
E. Take Weight Gain Supplement – If you want quick result then take weight gain supplement along with foods that are advised. Take weight gain supplements with a glass of milk which gives a good result.
F. Do Exercise and Yoga – Exercise and Yoga address the many conditions like – Stress, Poor metabolism, Lack of stamina, give mental peace, also beneficial for the digestive problem. In this way, it affects your body. There are many exercises which also play a vital role in the development of muscles. Do exercise under the supervision of the trainer.
Summary of Healthy Foods to Gain Weight –
- Milk – Milk is used as a healthy diet which provides a good balance of protein, Calcium, Fats and other mineral which is very helpful to develop your body.
- Rice – Rice is less expensive grain which provides enough carbohydrate that will help you to gain weight.
- Nuts – Nuts contain a large number of calories and delicious taste. It is one of the best sources to gain weight.
- Red Meat – Red meat is one of the best sources to build muscles. It has more calories and fats. It contains Leucine which is an amino acid which stimulates muscles protein synthesis.
- Starchy Foods- Starchy foods are a good source of carbohydrates and fats, and it will also increase your glycogen level. Glycogen is a good source for sports activities. Starchy foods are as – Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Oats, Squash, Bean, and Legumes.
- Dry Fruits – Dry fruits are a good source of high calorie, antioxidant, and sugar which are very helpful to gain weight.
- Whole Grains – Whole grain bread along with protein source is a good combination to increase your weight.
- Avocados – Avocados are the very good source of healthy fats and high calories which is helpful to gain weight.
- Dark Chocolates – Dark Chocolates is the best source of antioxidants and health benefits. It also contains a high amount of calorie that is needed for a person who wanted to gain weight.
- Cheese- Like dark chocolate cheese also contain high calorie and fats and it is very helpful to gain weight.
- Whole Eggs – The Whole egg is one of the best sources to gain weight as it contains fat, calories and beneficial nutrients.
All the above foods items come under healthy foods to gain weight, but one thing you should keep in your mind is that you have to take multiples meals in a day that will give you consistent energy.
Health Problems Because of Underweight-
There are many health conditions arises when anybody falls under Underweight Like –
- Anemia – If anybody is underweight means there are the deficiency of protein and minerals in the body which cause less blood formation and finally leads to anemia
- Weak Immunity –People who are underweight has generally weak immunity, Immunity provides the protection of your body against many diseases. Underweight people are more prone to seasonal diseases.
- Weak Bone – Underweight people generally face the scarcity of calcium that causes the bone breakage.
- Fertility problem- Low weight women have generally fertility problem. Women who come under low weight has generally disturbed menstrual cycle and it finally leads to the fertility problem. The underweight woman has more chance of miscarriage than healthy women.
I hope this articles will clarify your all doubt regarding, how to gain weight, what are the healthy foods to gain weight, which foods are the rich source of protein, fibers, calorie, and fats.
You Can Also Read