Are you obese? Are you thin? Do you want to put on muscle weight or want to shed off those pounds of fat? The answer to every weight-related question would obviously be dieting. But first of all, we need to understand which diet works best for what body type and age. Here is the newest addition in the wellness market, Thonon Diet.
What is the Thonon Diet?
Like many other diets that have taken the wellness industry by storm, Thonon Diet is the newest addition. Curated at Thonon-Les-Bains Hospital in France, it makes some pretty crazy claims. The curators of this diet say that if you follow this diet rigorously with no cheats, then it will help you lose as much as 9.97 kgs. Even a crash diet doesn’t work to such extremes.
Principles of Thonon Diet :
Thonon Diet is somewhat similar to Ketogenic Diet, rather it is an even strict version of a quick weight loss diet. Read the below points to understand Thonon Diet better.
- It is a high-protein, low-calorie diet. A maximum of 600-800 calories can be consumed in a day.
- You can veggies to your diet for lunch or dinner.
- If you wish to get effective results from the Thonon Diet, salt, alcohol, carbohydrates, and fats are off-limits.
- This diet has to be followed seriously for a period of 14 days for great results.
What is the Stabilisation Phase?
This is the second phase of Thonon Diet, The stabilization phase will last depending on the number of kilos you have lost that will enable you to stabilize your weight.
Advantages of Thonon Diet :
- For everyone who has been working on your weight loss with no significant results, it helps you achieve a noticeable weight loss in a shorter period of time.
- This weight loss program is great for those who find their appetite peace in consuming salads, fruits, and veggies.
- You will not suffer from constipation, as this diet follows a high intake of dietary fibers.
- There is a stabilization phase in the Thonon Diet that will help you maintain the lost weight.
Disadvantages of Thonon Diet :
- Since the Thonon Diet is an all-protein diet, so vegetarians will practically have nothing to eat in the slimming programme.
- This diet programme being devoid of most nutrients needed for energy, getting easily fatigued is mostly expected.
- This is an extremely low-calorie diet. Breakfast consists of only tea or coffee. Do you think you’ll be able to keep up till lunch?
Now the most important question… Is the Thonon Diet Safe?
The one answer to this question would be NO. The Thonon diet does not give you the required nutrients, hence is not a very good choice for weight loss.
If you are looking to fit into that little dress of yours for a special occasion or flaunt a bikini body for a specified vacation, this diet course can be followed but do not follow this if you are looking for a long-term weight loss.
With practically very little nutrients in your diet, this slimming programme can cause serious disruptions in your body. Your metabolic rate might get completely messed up. Once you start eating more calories then you will gain weight at an alarming rate.
This diet plan is definitely not for pregnant women, children and elderly people. If you are suffering from high or low blood pressure, heart diseases and taking medications, stay off this diet plan.
Looking at the diet plan, we think that this diet is just not suitable for everyone. The main reason being the breakfast routine. Just a cup of tea or coffee with a small piece of multi-grain bread is not enough to keep you going through the day. While doctors strictly recommend a heavy breakfast, Thonon diet suggests that the breakfast should be the lightest meal of the day, literally nothing.
As this diet is very monotonous, it not a very suitable diet plans for those aiming at healthy weight loss.
What does a Thonon Diet chart look like?
What do you think guys? Is this just another fad diet or is it here to stay?
To lose weight in a healthy way, Consult a Dietitian Online now.
You can also read – Easy way to reduce your body weight